Northern Lights :: Presskit
- Game title: Northern Lights
- Developer: MadGoat Studio (based in Bucharest, Romania)
- Genre: Survival
- Platform: PC (Steam)
- Price: $19.99, £16.99, €17.99
- Website: https://northernlightsgame.com
- Press contact: [email protected]
- Social: Store Page, Discord, Facebook, Twitter
Northern Lights is a survival game set in an open world environment and played from a first-person perspective. The game takes place in the Siberian wilderness where the player assumes the role of a forest ranger, sent on a mission to investigate the disappearance of a crew in charge with a secret facility, whose contact with homeland was lost due to mysterious weather conditions. This is the core experience of Northern Lights. In less than a second, you find yourself helpless in front of the ruthless arctic nature. Stranded far from any human habitation, you have to endure the harsh arctic conditions, hunt for supplies, explore the abandoned world and find a way to escape the island.
The objective is to survive as long as possible by scavenging and using whatever resources they may find within the world. This includes commodities such as food, water, materials, medicine, and tools such as weapons, axes, knives, and a myriad of other items. Wildlife is also present in the form of ferocious predators such as Bears and Wolves that may attack on sight, to non-threatening animals such as the Reindeer, Moose, Foxes, Boars and Hares that may only attack if provoked. Tools and items degrade over time, forcing the player to make careful decisions regarding their condition and their eventual need for repair. Fire, being a primary component, is necessary for warmth and cooking. In his journey, the player will often contract afflictions and diseases, forcing him to think twice before eating a meat raw or consuming an unknown plant.
About MadGoat Studio
MadGoat is an independent game studio based in Romania, Bucharest, that was born of the ambition for developing and publishing high-quality video games. Currently, the studio consists of 4 core members that share the same passion for game development.
- In Northern Lights, your actions determine your fate. Each sandbox experience has a variety of potential endings to it. No matter what path you choose, your ultimate goal is to survive and escape the island.
- Keeping your stats under control is crucial. Not keeping your Hunger, Thirst, Body temperature and Fatigue in balance can have repercussions on your in-game Sanity.
- In Northern Lights, you will find a wide range of activities you can do. Be ready to hunt, fish, scavenge for food and gear items, map your surroundings, start fires, craft items, maintain your gear and most importantly, endure the harsh environment with its predators and the variety of possibly deadly afflictions you could contract.
- Diverse wildlife, ranging from ferocious predators such as Bears and Wolves to non-threatening animals such as the Reindeer, Moose, Foxes, Boars and Hares.
- The island measures 100 square kilometers and it contains a delicate balance between pure nature and an abandoned world composed of a variety of locations.
- You can choose between four difficulty scenarios, made for every kind of player, from beginners who want to explore the world in peace, to skilled survivors who wish to experience a hardcore challenge.
MadGoat Studio allows for the contents of Northern Lights to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Northern Lights is legally & explicitly allowed by MadGoat Studio.
Claudiu Iordache – Game Designer
Raul Turcus – Programming & Mechanics
Cristian Iordache – 3D Artist
Botond Ordog – Concept Artist
Sergey Ankin - Character Animation
Nikola Nikita Jeremic - Music Composer
Merrick Gumble - Voice Over