Northern Lights :: Presskit
- Game title: Northern Lights
- Developer: MadGoat Studio (based in Bucharest, Romania)
- Genre: Survival
- Platform: PC (Steam)
- Price: $19.99, £16.99, €17.99
- Website: https://northernlightsgame.com
- Press contact: [email protected]
- Social: Store Page, Discord, Facebook, Twitter
Northern Lights is an open world survival simulation set in the extreme conditions of the arctic tundra. Clinging to life, you must use real-life survival techniques to gather resources, craft, and hunt while tending to your health and sanity.
The objective is to survive as long as possible by scavenging and using whatever resources you can find within the world. This includes commodities such as food, water, materials, medicine, and tools such as weapons, axes, knives, and a myriad of other items. Wildlife is also present in the form of ferocious predators such as Bears and Wolves that may attack on sight, to non-threatening animals such as the Reindeer, Moose, Foxes, Boars and Hares that may only attack if provoked. Fire, being a primary component, is necessary for warmth and cooking. Starting a fire is no easy job. Besides building the fire itself, the player must search for dry items that can act as tinder, and a way to start the fire. In order to navigate the arctic desert, the player must make use of the map and compass. In his journey, the player will often contract afflictions and diseases, forcing him to think twice before eating a meat raw or consuming an unknown plant. Taking the wrong step can often result in severe afflictions or the loss of sanity that leads to deadly hallucinations.
About MadGoat Studio
MadGoat is an independent game studio based in Romania, Bucharest, that was born of the ambition for developing and publishing high-quality video games. Currently, the studio consists of 3 core members that share the same passion for game development.
- Survival Mode: Survival is your only goal, and death is your biggest impediment. Will you live to fight another day?
- Choices & Outcomes: Keeping your stats under control is crucial. Not keeping your Hunger, Hydration, Body Temperature and Energy in balance can have repercussions on your in-game Sanity.
- Only the strongest can survive: In Northern Lights you will find a wide range of activities you can do. Be ready to hunt, fish, scavenge for food and gear items, start fires, craft items, maintain your gear and most importantly, endure the harsh environment with its predators and the variety of possibly deadly afflictions you could contract.
- Be the hunter or become hunted: Diverse wildlife, ranging from ferocious predators such as Bears and Wolves to non-threatening animals such as Reindeer, Moose, Foxes, Boars and Hares.
- A broad and animated world: A beautiful yet frightening island that contains a delicate balance between pure nature and an abandoned world composed of a variety of locations.
- Pick your challenge: You can choose between four difficulty scenarios, made for every kind of player, from beginners who want to explore the world in peace to skilled survivors who wish to experience a hardcore challenge.
MadGoat Studio allows for the contents of Northern Lights to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Northern Lights is legally & explicitly allowed by MadGoat Studio.
Claudiu Iordache – Game Designer
Raul Turcus – Programming & Mechanics
Cristian Iordache – 3D Artist
Botond Ordog – Concept Artist
Sergey Ankin - Character Animation
Nikola Nikita Jeremic - Music Composer
Paul Dela Ros - Voice Over